Continuing Professional Development (CPD) available for CPHT Graduates
Once booked if you have not received your Zoom link by TBA please contact us.
About the Course
This condensed, 3-hour online course is designed to help therapists understand the essential aspects of Stress from a biological, psychological and behavioural perspective, and to provide an overview of tools and strategies that we can use with clients to help them to cope.
The course is packed full of research and information about Stress and its impact (and how solution focused hypnotherapy helps, of course!). There will also be several pieces of useful research that can be downloaded after the course.
The course covers the following:
- The fundamentals of Stress – history, classifications, descriptions & definitions
- Types of Stress – The good, the bad & the very bad…
- The impact of Stress – Biological, psychological, social & behavioural
- Strategies for dealing with Stress – research & approaches
- Stress & SFH – How SFH can help: physically, emotionally & behaviourally. SF tools and strategies (MQ, Scaling, Confidence, Perspective Power, Thinking-time etc.).
About the Lecturer
Helen Green has a background in Psychology, Health Psychology & Clinical Research. Her areas of research covered specific aspects of psychopharmacology, and the impact of emotional states (primarily Stress and distress) on behaviour (addictions) and physical health. She is a certified trainer and loves SFH and its effectiveness and has been a practicing SFH for several years!
Helen has a specialist background in studying the relationship between stress and physical health and whilst this is a vast area of research, she brings together some key highlights that are relevant to our work as SFH.