Continuing Professional Development (CPD) available for CPHT Graduates
Timings: 10am to 5pm
Location: Online Zoom Conferencing
Lecturer: Helen Green
Hosted by: CPHT Bristol
Contact: 0117 317 9278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down the page for further CPD information
Book Now: TBA
Once booked if you have not received your Zoom link by TBA please contact us at email@example.com.
More information about this CPD from Lecturer Helen Green
As we recognise April as IBS awareness month, I’m very excited to be running my extensive Irritable Bowel Syndrome & SFH CPD again…
Sadly, IBS is a growing problem, and I have had an increase in clients who are especially nervous about dealing with their IBS as we come out of lockdown, where they are facing going back to the office and potentially travelling again whilst trying to cope with the condition. As SFH, we are very well placed to provide help and support, and more and more GPs are recognising hypnotherapy as a positive solution for their patients.
So, if you’d like to join me online for this in-depth CPD to enhance your skills and knowledge then please do sign up for the course.
This is the first time this course will be available online, but here is just some of the lovely feedback I received from the last time I ran the course in person:
“Very informative – lots of scientific backup and research that is up to date and current – loved it! Increased my knowledge massively and my confidence for future clients with IBS. Thank you!” – GR
“Thought-provoking and so informative. Great presenter and very engaging. Looking forward to my next IBS client now and feel really confident that I can help him or her!” – JB
“Fantastic course and excellent delivery. Great to understand the science and how it all fits together” – SJ
“Really interesting and fun course – covered loads of information and was structured really well. Lots of research and so relevant to what we do!” – JS
Who would benefit from attending the course?
- Any qualified SFH looking to develop their knowledge about IBS, digestion and how SFH can help.
- Any therapist who has had clients who are struggling with IBS and would like to know more.
- Anyone who has friends or family members with IBS, or even if you suffer yourself – this course will look at a variety of aspects that can be helpful.
- Anyone wanting to feel more confident dealing with clients who have IBS or other digestive problems.
- Anyone looking to expand their client-base and business offering, by developing their knowledge and expertise in this area.
- Anyone wanting to learn about additional SFH tools for their toolkit, which can help many other clients, not just those struggling with IBS or digestive problems.
What does the course cover?
This extensive course will explore the range, impact and severity of IBS symptomology as well as the theories on causality and the range of treatments available, some of which your clients may have tried. Crucially, in this CPD, we will also be exploring how and why Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can help – from a neuroscientific and psychological viewpoint.
The course will provide you with lots of useful information and research, but will also involve discussion of various case studies. It will help you to develop your knowledge of IBS, understand your clients’ perspectives and treatments more fully, and help you to refine your approach and SFH tools, so that you can confidently help your clients to deal with this complex condition and other digestive issues.
Brief course overview:
- Digestive Health overview – biology and processes
- IBD vs IBS
- Diagnosed vs undiagnosed
- Caveats and Disclaimers, including red flags when working with clients
- History and Description
- Symptomology – common and uncommon; physical, social & emotional
The science bit
- What causes IBS and other digestive issues, what happens and how this affects us
- Neuroscience and digestion
- The serotonin powerhouse and mechanics of digestive transit
- IBS and the brain!
Treatment & management
- Latest medical approach – brief overview of medications, FODMAP etc.
- The role of gut bacteria and how this impacts the brain.
- Talking therapies – NICE and research studies, Gut-directed hypnosis vs SFH
- The impact of stress and anxiety reduction
SFH & IBS
- Client explanations and information gathering
- Specific explanations during the IC – cortisol and serotonin and how these relate to IBS
- Follow up sessions – using SF methods (scaling, MQ and SFQ) to identify and amplify strengths and coping strategies, and to enhance confidence.
- Additional SFH strategies (also for use with pain, addiction, anxiety and other issues).
I look forward to seeing you online for a fun and informative day!
|A bit about me: My background is in Psychology, Health Psychology & Clinical Research. My areas of research covered specific aspects of psychopharmacology, and the impact of emotional states on behaviour (addictions) and physical health. I’m a certified trainer and love SFH and its effectiveness and have been a practicing SFH for several years!|