Continuing Professional Development (CPD) available for CPHT Graduates
Once booked if you have not received your Zoom link by Friday 23rd April please contact us.
About the Course
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a complex condition and is sadly a growing problem in our modern society. This full day online course via Zoom will explore the range, impact and severity of IBS symptomology as well as the theories on causality and the range of treatments available, some of which your clients may have tried. We will also cover other aspects of digestive health.
IBS and digestive problems are on the increase and SFH can be a great source of help to those experiencing such issues. Crucially, in this CPD, we will also be exploring how and why Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can help – from a neuroscientific and psychological viewpoint.
The course will provide you with lots of useful information and research, but also involve discussion of case studies to help develop your knowledge of IBS, understand your clients’ perspectives and treatments more fully, and help you to refine your approach and SFH tools, so that you can confidently help your clients to deal with this complex condition and other digestive issues.
Brief overview of the course:
- Digestive Health overview – biology and processes
- IBD vs IBS
- Diagnosed vs undiagnosed
- Caveats and Disclaimers!
- History and Description
- Symptomology – common and uncommon; physical, social and emotional
The science bit
- Neuroscience and digestion
- The serotonin powerhouse and mechanics of digestive transit
Treatment and management
- Latest medical approach – brief overview of medications, FODMAP etc.
- Talking therapies – NICE and research studies, Gut-directed hypnosis
- The impact of stress and anxiety reduction
SFH and IBS
- Client explanations and information gathering
- Explanations during the IC – cortisol and serotonin and how these relate to IBS
- Follow up sessions – using SF methods (scaling, MQ and SFQ) to identify and amplify strengths and coping strategies, and to enhance confidence.
- Additional SFH strategies (also for use with pain, addictions, anxiety and other issues).
About the Lecturer
Helen Green has a background in Psychology, Health Psychology & Clinical Research. Her areas of research covered specific aspects of psychopharmacology, and the impact of emotional states (primarily Stress and distress) on behaviour (addictions) and physical health. She is a certified trainer and loves SFH and its effectiveness and has been a practicing SFH for several years!
“Very informative – lots of scientific backup and research that is up to date and current – loved it! Increased my knowledge massively and my confidence for future clients with IBS. Thank you!” – GR
“Thought-provoking and so informative. Great presenter and very engaging. Looking forward to my next IBS client now and feel really confident that I can help him or her!” – JB
“Fantastic course and excellent delivery. Great to understand the science and how it all fits together” – SJ
“Really interesting and fun course – covered loads of information and was structured really well. Lots of research and so relevant to what we do” – JS